According to 73% of senior marketers surveyed by the CMO Council, customer experience is critical to their own professional success and to the ongoing success of the business. Stay on top of best practices, resources and peer-powered best practices to stay ahead of the experience curve.
Only 20 Fortune 500 companies actually engage with their customers on Facebook, while 83 percent have a presence on Twitter.
Social media marketing statistics also show that the average Internet user has 7.6 different social media accounts.
71 percent of consumers who have had a positive experience with a brand on social media are likely to recommend the brand to their friends and family.
Social media marketing statistics show that only 2 percent of website visitors make a purchase on their first visit. Retargeting ads can be used on Facebook to target the other 98 percent and turn them into customers.
Almost 80 percent of total time spent on social media sites occurs on mobile platforms.
The percentage of marketing budgets spent on social media is expected to more than double over the next five years.
Globally, social media ad spending is estimated to rise 21 percent to $58 billion, while video ad spending is rising 19 percent to $32 billion in 2018.